As a member of the web operations team, this role is responsible for managing the company’s web presence, ensuring Revature.com and affiliate websites are user-friendly, highly functional and up to date at all times.
Our new Lead Web Developer is a senior independent contributor who works collaboratively across the marketing organization and existing digital teams to gather requirements, produce templates and produce user-friendly, high-performing web pages that broaden Revature’s website properties’ capabilities and effectiveness through the design and implementation of new web-based applications.
- Create engaging and intriguing customer experiences using the latest in modern design and technologies
- Fine-tune experiences to provide best-in-class performance and accessibility
- Elevate technology and consistently apply best practices for continuous improvement
- Excel in a fast-paced agile environment, in small groups and individually, delivering on multiple priorities with little supervision
- Be responsible for and fully own the products you create with your team
- Gather requirements from the marketing team and make technical decisions
- Scale and maintain the codebase for Revature.com and help with creating Marketo/Salesforce Marketing Cloud landing pages
- Contribute to regular discussions with internal stakeholders and marketing operations on ways to improve functionality and usability. Audit the site architecture and rebuild/improve parts where possible.
- Experience working on website performance optimization.
- Monitor security, and perform all necessary updates to maintain best in class safety and security measures on the Revature’s digital footprint
- From tests triage, any findings, comments, or complaints from users, assess the situation, put them in the project management system to be assigned for execution.
- The go-to team member for technical errors and to troubleshoot complex issues related to web applications
- Build and edit React.js pages & components
- Working with corporate IT and Web Ops to maintain virtual and cloud-based servers, optimizing speeds
- Serve as the server administrator
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- 5-8 years of experience in relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with concepts and practical application of Accessibility, SEO, and Performance for modern Web Applications
- Understand API and application integrations
- Experience in Web hosting management
- High-level proficiency in WordPress, and relevant WordPress plugins
- High-level proficiency in SEO tools such as Moz or Screaming Frog
- Obsessive focus on user flow, page weight, load times, and Search Engine optimization.
- Experience with modern sales and marketing automation software
- Strong analytical skills, incredible attention to detail, and an ability to translate data into actionable recommendations
Who We Are
Revature is a tech career launch pad and the largest employer of entry-level technology talent in the U.S. The company works with Fortune 500 companies, government organizations, and top systems integrators to grow their business by hiring, training, and deploying top tech talent.
Our mission is to create a pathway for candidates from diverse experiences and educational backgrounds to reach their potential as technology professionals. Alumni of the Revature program work on innovative, challenging, and rewarding software development projects across the United States.
Revature has trained over 10,000 software engineers across 54 technical disciplines, recruited talent from 700 universities, and deployed them to blue-chip companies throughout the U.S. We have proudly committed to training 1 million developers over the next decade, helping to close the opportunity gap in tech and supporting the future of work.
Revature is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.