In-House Legal Analyst
This is a unique in-house corporate opportunity with room to grow alongside a strong legal team.
The In-House Legal Analyst is responsible for supporting the Legal and Compliance Department with researching and advising on legal developments, analyzing regulatory and contractual requirements, and assisting with implementation of those requirements. They will be a strategic partner to the business units in creating policies, notices, and procedures as the company experiences rapid global expansion.
This role will report directly to the Corporate Counsel in Orlando, FL. The ideal candidate possesses strong research and analytical skills, a desire to collaborate with a growing team and with other departments as needed, and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects simultaneously. They will be joining a very high-performing and collegiate international team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, review and advise on laws and regulations to assist in the development of policies and procedures to suit Revature’s business model and needs
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to perform impact analyses and risk assessments in compliance with applicable law and internal procedures
- Draft, update and review policies, standards, and corporate forms addressing compliance and legal requirements
- Assist the Director of Compliance in performing periodic compliance program assessments, creating communication plans, and monitoring corrective action plans
- Review, draft, and redline portions of commercial contracts and employment-related agreements
- Maintain visibility into emerging regulatory and legal issues and trends as assigned and advise on practical implications of same
- Assist other Revature departments to comply with laws and regulations in their day-to-functions and ongoing initiatives (e.g., compliance with privacy laws, consumer protection laws, and data retention laws)
- Coordinate with Human Resources, IT, and other departments to ensure commercial contract requirements are met
- Redline and negotiate commercial contracts
- Review and update various legal templates for contracting and employment
- Coordinate with IT and Marketing to update forms, notices, and policies on Revature’s website, social media platforms, and other partner platforms related to use of PII and data
- Research regulatory requirements and implementation practicalities of those requirements and advise on same to address local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations as business expands globally
- Performs administrative tasks, ad-hoc legal and compliance projects, and privacy investigations as assigned
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to identify key legal and operational issues implicated by applicable laws and regulations
- Strong writing skills and the ability communicate complex legal concepts concisely to the appropriate stakeholders
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment with individuals at appropriate levels of the organization
- Ability to lead continuous improvement concepts and to effectively incorporate those skills into day-to-day work
- Excellent written skills, attention to detail, and pride in formatting and presentation
- Strong verbal communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Must be coachable and committed to lifelong learning
- Experience working within a global regulatory environment
- Experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Business Administration, or related discipline or similar/equivalent military experience required
- Juris doctorate from an ABA accredited law school required
Who We Are
Revature is a tech career launch pad and the largest employer of entry-level technology talent in the U.S. The company works with Fortune 500 companies, government organizations, and top systems integrators to grow their business by hiring, training, and deploying top tech talent.
Our mission is to create a pathway for candidates from diverse experiences and educational backgrounds to reach their potential as technology professionals. Alumni of the Revature program work on innovative, challenging, and rewarding software development projects across the United States.
Revature has trained over 7000 software engineers across 54 technical disciplines, recruited talent from 700 universities, and deployed them to blue-chip companies throughout the U.S. We have proudly committed to training 1 million developers over the next decade, helping to close the opportunity gap in tech and supporting the future of work.
Revature is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.