Revature is rapidly growing – both domestically and internationally – and our Corporate IT Team plays a key role in ensuring our people have the tools they need to flourish.
We’re looking for a nimble IT Service Manager, who is a seasoned problem solver and service leader with an open-mindedness to innovating new solutions in a tech-friendly, yet fast growing environment.
Our ideal candidate is based near one of our central offices in Reston, VA, New York, NY, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Orlando, FL, Tampa, FL, Morgantown, WV, or Chicago, IL.
Where You’ll Focus
- The ability to build a cohesive team and to manage people effectively. This includes the ability to coach, develop and manage the team
- Delegating and directing service tasks, monitoring the progress of current projects, and managing service team members to ensure the team's objectives and goals are met
- Setting up and maintaining a service desk and evaluating its efficiency
- Resolving service desk problems and improving service methods to increase the service desk's productivity and customer service
- Help define and review IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, processes, and services
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT Process and services
- Monitor SaaS and Pass systems for appropriate licenses usage and access rights
- Work with external contractors to implement new process and tools
- Work with external consultants to out-source some levels of IT service load
- Coordinates troubleshooting, support, and service for equipment and networks when necessary
- Maintains familiarity with current and upcoming IT equipment, services, and other developments
- Deep understanding and working knowledge on Microsoft 365 Services
- Provisioning new-hire accounts as well as preparing workstations and desks for use
- Hardware acquisition and management (Dell/Apple systems, Mosyle, Manage Engine, Sophos)
- M365, Zoom and other IT Operations related SaaS applications
- Office conference rooms and other physical user technologies
- Good understanding and working knowledge on EDR , MDR and XDR solutions.
- Good understanding and working knowledge in Microsoft Intune and Azure AD
- Deep knowledge and hands working experience on Vulnerability and Patch management process and systems
- Tracking and maintaining our office’s software and hardware inventory
- Providing technical leadership and guidance for live events and video conferences
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably
- Authoring and editing content our internal help Wiki
- Researching and implement new and innovative solutions to the technical challenges that arise
- Maintaining our technical facilities to the highest standard
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT systems
- Manage contracts with vendors (e.g. SaaS platforms, telecommunication companies, data centers) and software licenses in collaboration with our procurement team
- Mentoring your team members as they progress through their careers
- Managing and participating in any future M&A onboarding projects
- Working closely with our Security, Compliance and HR teams to ensure that we are providing a safe and secure employment environment
- Continuing to improve our cross-brand processes and management
- Sharing your passion for technology and teaching our internal users how to best interact with and utilize technology, providing support as needed via face to face interaction, chat, email, and telephone
Where You Excel
- Ability to work with and manage an international team with members in the US, UK, EU, and AU
- Independent ability to research technical problems and solutions
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Willingness to work flexible/odd hours at times, based on needs
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR, ISO27001, SOC2)
- Occasional domestic and international travel.
Education & Technical Skills
- 5+ years’ experience running an IT Ops team for a 1000+ employee organization with globally dispersed employees and offices
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are
Revature is a tech career launch pad and the largest employer of entry-level technology talent in the U.S. The company works with Fortune 500 companies, government organizations, and top systems integrators to grow their business by hiring, training, and deploying top tech talent.
Our mission is to create a pathway for candidates from diverse experiences and educational backgrounds to reach their potential as technology professionals. Alumni of the Revature program work on innovative, challenging, and rewarding software development projects across the United States.
Revature has trained over 10,000 software engineers across 54 technical disciplines, recruited talent from 700 universities, and deployed them to blue-chip companies throughout the U.S. We have proudly committed to training 1 million developers over the next decade, helping to close the opportunity gap in tech and supporting the future of work.
Revature is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.